The library has Book Discussion Groups for all ages and interests
Pizza and Pages (Teen Book Discussion Group)
Teens in grades 7-12 can join their peers in a discussion of books written specifically for them! The first 10 sign-ups receive a copy of the month’s book for free! For more information please call the Information Desk at 714-777-2873 ext. 6.
Teen Pizza and Pages will resume in September. Please check back in August for the Fall book selections.
Herstory: Women’s Issues through Literature
Please join us in our monthly reading group. Books and discussions will include topics that revolve around women’s issues in society as perceived through literature. we will discuss the history of each concept and how far women’s roles have changed in society over the years. Our discussions will be fun and lively with a chance to explore interesting topics and make new friends. For more information please call the Information Desk at 714-777-2873 ext. 6.
- October 17th: Moloka’i by Alan Brennert
- November 21st: West with the Night by Beryl Markham
- December 19th: End of the Year Party! (No Book)
- January 23, 2017: The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion by Fanny Flagg
- February 27, 2017: The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows
- March 20, 2017: The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende
- April 17, 2017: The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
- May 15, 2017: The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
- June 19, 2017: The Children Act by Ian McEwan
- July 17, 2017: Call the Nurse by Mary J. MacLeod
- August 21, 2017: The Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez
- September 18, 2017: The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
- October 16, 2017: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- November 20, 2017: Crooked Heart by Lissa Evans
- December 18, 2017: End of Year Party (No Book)
Make N’ Take Book Discussion Group
Read a book, discuss, and make a craft! Discuss the month’s chosen title, while creating a craft inspired by the book. Supplies will be provided. For more information please call the Information Desk at 714-777-2873 ext. 6.
Talk It Up!
Students in 4th-6th grade, read any good books lately? Come share about the books you are reading this summer while enjoying pizza and a craft. Talk It Up takes place the third Tuesday of every month in our Storytime Theater. For more information, please call the Children’s Desk at 714-777-2873 ext. 7
“Who Done It?” Mystery Group
Also presented by our Friend’s of the Library, Who Done It? Is the mystery (crime fiction) group. Themes for discussion vary from certain authors to specific locations or various subjects and settings. This group meets in the Library Community Room at 2 p.m. on the 4th Monday of the month. For more information, please call the Friends of the Library at 714-693-5044.
Book Club Take Out
Have you always wanted to host your own book discussion or are you already part of a group and looking for your next book? Now it’s as easy as getting take out from a restaurant! Our Book Discussion kits include 10 copies of the book, a discussion guide, and instructions on getting started. Plus it checks out for six weeks. http://bit.ly/14WSWL9